Caring for your pool is important. Unclean water poses a health hazard for you and anyone else swimming in your pool. For many, the upkeep of a pool is too time consuming. If you want to enjoy the water without having to do any of the heavy lifting, hiring a pool service is a great way to go. Hiring an experienced professional ensures that your pool area is kept clean and that the water remains balanced. How do you choose a pool cleaning service in Buckhead that is responsible and trustworthy? Check out these 6 tips and tricks to help you find the right fit.
- Select prospective companies. There are many pool companies out there that offer free consultations. This is a great way to get a feel for how a company conducts business. It’s also beneficial to look into each company’s background, reviews, and guarantees before setting up initial appointments.
- Check for licenses. Before hiring a company, it’s imperative that you ask about licenses and permits. Each pool company should have an operating permit that proves they are compliant with the health and business standards for the area. Check the expiration date and make sure it is still in good standing.
- Ask about pool inspectors. Many pool services have inspectors on staff. These professionals are able to inspect an installed pool to ensure that it was installed in compliance with the initial permit and meets all health and safety guidelines. Scheduling an appointment with a pool inspector is a great way to ensure that your pool is safe for anyone who goes swimming on your property.
- Make sure the pool company staff is well-trained. Not all pool cleaners do the same quality of work. When hiring someone to care for your pool, you need to make sure that they understand how to balance the water correctly, test the different levels, and care for your filtration system. Otherwise, you could be paying money for an inferior service. If you know anyone in your area with a pool, consider asking them for their recommendations as to a good and trustworthy pool service.
- Have a report written up. No pool is created equal. That means that no pool is cleaned the same way. When you hire a pool service, it’s a good idea to keep tabs on what type of work is being performed each time your service comes out. Require them to write up a report as to the different chemical levels in the pool and what type of work was performed.
- Ensure that they have the right equipment. A cleaning company should have their own equipment to clean your pool. This includes telescoping poles, vacuum heads, leaf traps, and brush nets. If the company doesn’t have their own equipment, move on to someone who does.
By following these guidelines, finding the best pool service in Buckhead is easier than ever.