If you’re tired of balancing the water in your pool, skimming the surface, and wiping down the tile, it’s time to hire a professional pool cleaner. These experts can handle anything from cleaning the filter to adjusting the chlorine, making your life easier. To help you hire the right person to handle all of your pool needs, here are a few things to consider.
- Ask for referrals. There are probably a few people in your area that also have swimming pools. Ask them who they trust to service and maintain their pools. With their advice, you’ll know exactly which companies to research and which companies to avoid.
- Do some research. Once you have a few referrals, it’s time to do some research. Check out each of your prospective companies’ websites. Make sure that they offer the services that you need. Also, look into the history of the company. A company that has been in business for a long time usually has more experience than newer companies.
- Ask for credentials. Each pool cleaning company should have the proper licenses and credentials to be in operation. A pool cleaning company is required to have a permit issued by the health authority. While they should be registered with the state and have a business license, they should also have insurance. This ensures that if something catastrophic goes wrong while they are servicing your pool, you aren’t held responsible.
- Get quotes. Before deciding on the right pool cleaner to handle your needs, get a price estimate. In most cases, the company will come to your home and take a look at your system, water, and size of your pool. This allows them to give you a more detailed estimate. Once you have gathered a few different estimates, you can compare apples-to-apples with other companies.
- Get a written report. The company that you do hire should keep you well-informed about what’s going on in your pool. After each service, it’s important that you are given a written report as to what the chemical levels are, what was serviced, and if any repairs are needed. This keeps you in the loop and prevents small problems from getting bigger.
- Make sure your expectations are clear. To avoid any issues, it’s important that the pool cleaning company that you hire knows exactly what you expect. Do you want them to do 100% of your pool’s cleaning or just maintain the chemical levels? How often do you want them to come? By answering questions like this, it’s easier for you to choose a company that has the availability that you need.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to sift through the many swimming pool cleaners in Buckhead to find the right match for you.