Is your swimming pool covered? Don’t assume it’s optional to cover your pool during the winter months. Pool covers provide a number of benefits beyond just protecting the structure of your pool or keeping the water warm. Depending on the type of pool cover you choose, you can reap the following advantages:
- Reduce the risk of accidental drowning.
- Conserve water by reducing evaporation.
- Reduce the need to add chemicals due to reduced water evaporation.
- Less maintenance by preventing debris in the pool.
- Reduce the energy costs of heating the pool water.
- Maintain a better pool water temperature at night.
Types of Pool Covers
Not all pool covers are created equal. It is important to choose one that accommodates your budget, environment and personal needs/preferences. Swimming pool covers have advanced greatly in recent decades and include these innovative options:
- Winter Pool Covers. If you only need a cover for the winter season when you are not using your pool at all, you can buy an inexpensive and easy-to-install cover that is secured on the sides by water bags or weights. These types of covers typically are not designed to handle the weight of kids, pets or heavy debris.
- Automatic Pool Covers. You can carry out countless tasks during the day with the push of a button, and this includes opening and closing your pool cover! Automated pool covers are more secure and protective, but also come with a higher price tag. They should be professionally installed since the cover will require special tracks and technology.
- Hidden Pool Covers. If you like to cover and uncover your pool frequently throughout the year, you may not want it to be visible when it is retracted. Hidden pool over models can be manual or automatic but come with special housing or concealment so that the beauty of your pool space is not compromised.
- Solar Pool Covers. A very efficient, lightweight and cost-effective cover option for your swimming pool. By using the sun’s natural heat during the day and the thermal conservation of the bubble wrap blanket, a solar pool cover is an easy way to extend your swimming season.
- Safety Pool Covers. If you have pets and small children, your primary concern with an unused swimming pool may be accidental drowning. In such cases, a safety pool cover is likely best. These covers have straps that are secured by springs and anchors in the pool deck. They are available in mesh and solid vinyl materials and carry approved safety regulations by the ASTM.
Whether your old pool cover is wearing out or you are in the market for an upgraded model, we can help you at Andy’s Pool Service. Our team can guide you on purchasing and installing a swimming pool cover that best meets your needs and budget.
Posted on behalf of
5024 S. Atlanta Road SE
Atlanta, Georgia 30339
Mon - Fri: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Sat & Sun: Closed